Date Open: Immediately
Date Closed: Until filled
Title: Training Program Manager
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
The Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General is currently seeking a full-time Training Program Manager for our Victim Services Unit.
Under the direction of the Chief of the Victim Services Unit, the Training Program Manager will be required to successfully implement the goals and objectives outlined within the VAWA grant and perform a range of duties including technical assistance and training for the disciplines of the criminal justice system, victim advocates and personnel from domestic violence and sexual assault programs, adult human sex trafficking programs and batterers intervention programs.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Planning, organizing, presenting, and evaluating local and statewide training conferences for law enforcement, prosecutors, judges and service providers on issues of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence, stalking and human sex trafficking.
• Planning, organizing, presenting and evaluating an annual week-long Victim Assistance Academy for victim advocates and others directly serving victims of crime.
• Identifying, arranging and initiating the contracting process for training instructors and facilities; developing, preparing and gathering training materials.
• Implementing and managing the registration process for all trainings sponsored by the Office of Attorney General Victim Services Unit.
• Requesting accreditation for continuing education credits; maintaining and submitting training attendance records to appropriate accrediting agencies.
• Submitting all reports related to the VAWA grant and collection of statistical information mandated by the grant to validate compliance with established goals and objectives by required deadlines.
• Facilitating multidisciplinary advisory meetings with collaborating agencies and organizations toward the planning of local and statewide training conferences; attending meetings and training related to domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, human sex trafficking and other types of crime victimization.
• Assisting with related crime victimization, including domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, elder abuse and adult human sex trafficking duties as assigned by the Chief of the Victim Services Unit.
• Assisting with training programs for the Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) program, the Address Confidentiality Program (ACP), the batterer’s intervention programs and other training as assigned by the Chief of the Victim Services Unit.
• Some travel will be required with the possibility of overnight stays.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience in the area of adult educational training. May substitute four years of experience or a combination of education/experience in a comparable field. Must have the ability to develop, prepare, organize, and present material for regional and statewide training conferences. Experience and knowledge in the area of crime victimization with specific knowledge of domestic and sexual violence and stalking is essential. Excellent organization and communication skills are needed. Familiarity with federal grant program requirements and proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel computer programs is preferred. A valid Oklahoma driver’s license is required.
All applicants must agree in writing to complete, and satisfactorily pass, a thorough background investigation by the Office of Attorney General.
The Oklahoma Office of Attorney General is an equal opportunity employer. All individuals are welcome to seek employment with the Oklahoma Office of Attorney General regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, national origin, genetic information, religion, or disability, so long as the disability does not render the person unable to perform the essential functions of the position for which employed with or without a reasonable accommodation. All employees of the Oklahoma Office of Attorney General are “at will” employees.
How to apply:
Please send your resume to [email protected] and indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.