Date Open: Immediately
Date Closed: Open until filled
Title: Deputy Attorney General
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
The Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General is currently seeking a full-time Deputy Attorney General for our Fraud Prevention & Prosecution Division.
The Fraud Prevention & Prosecution Division consists of the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit and the Worker’s Compensation and Insurance Fraud Unit. The Medicaid Fraud Control Unit investigates and prosecutes Medicaid fraud, as well as abuse, neglect, exploitation and drug diversion in long term board and care facilities. The Worker’s Compensation and Insurance Fraud Unit investigates and prosecutes fraud on the part of claimants, doctors, attorneys and insurance companies. The Unit also provides education and training about workers’ compensation fraud. The Deputy Attorney General oversees all functions within the Fraud Prevention & Prosecution Division. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise all attorneys, agents, data analysts and administrative staff within the Division
- Review and approve all criminal case filings
- Review and approve all civil case filings and decisions
- Assist, and at times, appear, in court proceedings for preliminary hearings and trial
- Review and edit attorney motions and responses relevant to court cases
- Participate in national Medicaid Fraud associations, programs and processes
- Lead and participate in outreach programs on Medicaid fraud, abuse and neglect, and insurance fraud
- Oversee the federal grant that provides partial funding to the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, including submitting financial reports, participating in audits, and ensuring compliance with expenditures and federal performance standards
- This position requires some travel, both within and outside the State.
Applicants must be a licensed attorney in the State of Oklahoma with a minimum of 8 years in the practice of law. Preference may be given to candidates with supervisory experience and/or experience in healthcare law. Strong writing and oral advocacy skills are a must.
All applicants must agree in writing to complete, and satisfactorily pass, a thorough background investigation by the Office of Attorney General.
The Oklahoma Office of Attorney General is an equal employment employer. All individuals are welcome to seek employment with the Oklahoma Office of Attorney General regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, national origin, genetic information, religion, or disability, so long as the disability does not render the person unable to perform the essential functions of the position for which employed with or without a reasonable accommodation. All employees of the Oklahoma Office of Attorney General are "at will" employees.
How to apply:
A writing sample must accompany a resume to be considered. Please send resume and writing sample to [email protected] and indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.