Position Open: Immediately
Job Posting Closed: Until filled
Title: Consumer Specialist
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
The Oklahoma Attorney General’s Office is currently seeking a full-time Consumer Specialist for our Consumer Protection Unit.
The Consumer Protection Unit is committed to ensuring a safe and fair marketplace in Oklahoma. To achieve this goal, the Consumer Protection Unit assists Oklahoma consumers through community outreach and education programs, mediation of consumer complaints and taking legal actions when necessary against individuals or businesses engaged in deceptive, fraudulent or unfair advertising or sales practices. This position is responsible for being the direct point of contact for consumers via telephone regarding their consumer complaint issues.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Directly communicate with consumers by telephone regarding their consumer complaint issues and counsel, refer, or direct consumers to either the agency’s internal process or to the appropriate agencies and/or individuals;
- Implement the agency’s consumer complaint process through written communications with the consumers and businesses;
- Providing consumers with information on various consumer topics;
- Effectively converse with agents, governmental entities and other agencies;
- Data entry;
- Working with confidential materials;
- Maintenance of the file room;
- Cross-training to assist other consumer representatives as needed;
- Prioritization of overall workload;
- Multitasking and adhering to an appropriate sense of urgency when necessary; and
- Working remotely, in the office, or a blended combination, depending on the needs of the unit
Requirements include strong communication skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office products; excellent computer, phone, and typing abilities; and proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar. The successful candidate must undertake their job performance with a positive attitude and maintain the integrity of the Office of Attorney General as well as the confidentiality of information as required by the Attorney General and the Oklahoma Rules of Professional Conduct.
All applicants must agree in writing to complete, and satisfactorily pass, a thorough background investigation by the Office of Attorney General.
The Oklahoma Office of Attorney General is an equal employment employer. All individuals are welcome to seek employment with the Oklahoma Office of Attorney General regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, national origin, genetic information, religion, or disability, so long as the disability does not render the person unable to perform the essential functions of the position for which employed with or without a reasonable accommodation. All employees of the Oklahoma Office of Attorney General are “at will” employees.
How to apply:
Please send resume to [email protected] and indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.