Date Open: Immediately
Date Closed: Open until filled
Title: Chief, Assistant Attorney General
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
The Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General is currently seeking a full-time Chief, Assistant Attorney General for our Civil Rights Enforcement Unit.
The Attorney General’s Civil Rights Enforcement Unit is responsible for enforcing Oklahoma’s anti-discrimination laws, providing educational resources and partnering with the public to positively and proactively advance the cause of civil rights for the equal benefit and enjoyment of all Oklahomans. The Chief, Assistant Attorney General organizes, directs and supervises the Civil Rights Enforcement Unit. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and issue final determinations, pursuant to relevant law
- Review and approve all jurisdictional matters
- Oversee, and at times appear in, court proceedings involving Oklahoma Anti-Discrimination Act enforcement litigation.
- Assign, direct and evaluate the work of subordinate attorneys, investigators, and support staff in the unit.
- Effectively and professionally communicate and engage in conflict resolution
- Effectively research, prepare, analyze, and understand complex civil rights information and legal issues
- Develop and implement effective investigation, litigation, outreach, and training programs
- Review, approve, and implement agency partnership agreements
- This position may require some travel, both within and outside the State.
Applicants must be a licensed attorney in the State of Oklahoma and have a minimum of five (5) years experience in the practice of law. Strong writing and oral advocacy skills are required. Preference may be given to candidates with supervisory experience or experience leading a team, and/or experience in civil rights law.
All applicants must agree in writing to complete, and satisfactorily pass, a thorough background investigation by the Office of Attorney General.
The Oklahoma Office of Attorney General is an equal opportunity employer. All individuals are welcome to seek employment with the Oklahoma Office of Attorney General regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, national origin, genetic information, religion, or disability, so long as the disability does not render the person unable to perform the essential functions of the position for which employed with or without a reasonable accommodation. All employees of the Oklahoma Office of Attorney General are “at will” employees.
How to apply:
A writing sample must accompany a resume to be considered. Please send resume and writing sample to [email protected] and indicate which position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.